Friday, October 17, 2014

Clear Proof Challenge Day 1

I received my free Clear Proof® acne system today courtesy of Influenster and Mary Kay to try. Today is day 1 of my 30 day challenge.
Clear Proof acne system courtesy of Influenster and Mary Kay
My skin is very oily on my forehead and nose. I'm constantly wiping my face to remove the oil and greasy shine. My acne problem areas are my neck, cheeks, nose, and forehead - so pretty much everywhere! My back, arms, legs, and chest are also problem areas, but I will be focusing on my face for this challenge.

Here are my before photos. You can see the oiliness on my forehead, and a few blemishes that appeared over night.
Before wash Before wash
First, I used the clarifying cleanser to clean my face. It was gentile and fragrance free. It lathered up nicely and rinsed off without problem.

After dabbing my face dry, I applied the blemish control toner. It has a mediciney smell, but it isn't overpowering or perfumey. When I applied it, my face had a cleaning-type burn. It wasn't a bad burn, but I could feel the toner getting into my pores.

I let the toner dry into my skin a bit, then applied the acne treatment gel. I focused mainly on my problem areas and blemishes. It absorbed quickly and left my skin sticky for just a few seconds while it finished absorbing.

After it was absorbed, I applied the oil-free moisturizer. I've never really used a moisturizer because it never really made sense to me. I'm oily, so I figured moisturizer was the last thing I'd need. I was wrong. Since I'm working on getting rid of oil, I need to replenish my skin with an oil-free moisturizer. This cream was gentile and spread without using a lot. It has no smell and left my skin soft. To touch, my skin does not feel dry. It feels like it is slightly oily, but I've never used a moisturizer, so this is a feeling I'm not used to. My skin doesn't look oily, but doesn't look dry either.
After wash After wash
To start out, I will only use the system once per day, until my skin gets used to it. Then I will use it twice per day - morning and night. I didn't have any makeup on today, so we'll see how well it removes my makeup tomorrow.

I don't know if it's important, but I'd like to note that I have hard water, and use a salt water tank to soften the water. I used warm water to wash my face, and usually have to rinse my hands with cold to remove the soap after washing. I didn't have to use cold water to remove the face cleanser; I was able to just use warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment